MSP provides free child care in our Yonkers office to enable adult clients to access necessary counseling, legal, and self-sufficiency services, and to reduce the number of clients who might miss out on the safety planning, emotional support, and resources our services provide simply because they cannot access safe child care services. Our program provides an environment where children of all ages who have been impacted by domestic violence can safely engage in activities in close proximity to their caregiver without having to be re-traumatized by exposure to details discussed during a caregiver’s counseling or legal session.
Our full time Child Care Specialist and Child Care Volunteers have the training to create a rich experience for children impacted by abuse. The Child Care Specialist facilitates age appropriate educational and therapeutic activities, with topics including “Working Together & Sharing”, “Hands Are Not for Hitting”, “Effective Listening & Following Directions”, “How Are You Feeling Today?”, and others that encourage healthy social skills and positive self-esteem amongst child participants.
What We Offer:
- Services offered Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Therapeutic art and play; positive role modeling
- Healthy snacks
Did You Know?
- Our Child Care Specialist speaks English and Spanish.
- Our Child Care room is bright and cheerful, with an array of age appropriate toys, games, books, music, movies and art crafts.
- Our Child Care room is located only a few feet away from the offices where adult appointments are held.