Sister-in-Law Program (SILS):
Volunteers provide clients with emotional support and advocacy during accompaniments to local court, social service and medical appointments. Participation in this program requires completion of a mandatory 30-hour training session.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application and Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Volunteers who work directly with clients or in community education programs must complete a 30-hour training session before commencing volunteer work with clients (Training Sessions scheduled two times per year).
- Volunteers are subject to an agency background check.
- Volunteers must have availability Monday-Friday during business hours.