My Sisters’ Place (MSP) is currently hiring for the following positions:
Job Title: Per Diem Residential Advocate [All Shifts]
Job Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Position Reports To: Senior Residential Advocate
The Residential Advocate is responsible for the provision of supportive services to victims of domestic violence and their children, as well as victims of human trafficking, who are residents within the MSP Emergency Shelter. Per-Diem Residential Advocates are expected to provide critical supportive services in a way that is compassionate and adheres to culturally appropriate best practices and agency expectations. Under the guidance of the Senior Residential Advocate, the Per-Diem Residential Advocate will be responsible the following functions:
Essential Position Functions:
- Provide day-to-day case management, counseling, and crisis intervention to clients as needed and/or required
- Serve as client advocate on personal as well as criminal justice related issues as needed.
- Keep thorough and up-to-date client records in accordance with agency file requirements.
- Assist with intake procedures including but not limited too review of the Welcome Packet, development of and on-going assessment safety plan, coordinate initial appointments for DSS and other relevant service providers. .
- Ensure the timely submission of all required stats to Senior Residential Advocate.
- Assist in the completion of OVS, public benefit and housing applications as needed and/or requested.
- Monitor client progress and provide follow-up assistance as needed and/or requested.
- Assure safety and well-being of residents in accordance with shelter guidelines and resident responsibilities.
- Provide residents with referrals for additional supportive services as needed and/or requested.
- Keep Senior Residential Advocate advised of the need for schedule changes as it pertains to work schedules.
- Participate in regular supervision with Senior Residential to promote the provision of quality services.
- Assist in the maintenance of the petty cash log and facilitate the collection of backup documentation regularly.
- Enter data into designated database and provide reports as needed and/or requested.
- Must participate in staff meetings, trainings and/or professional development sessions as directed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred: two years college plus one year experience required.
- Knowledge of victimization and domestic violence a plus, prior counseling experience in a residential setting.
- Ability to work independently assesses priorities, take initiative, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and provide supportive counseling in a genuine, respectful and sensitive manner.
- Ability to handle crisis effectively, exercising good judgement and calmness.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, assess priorities, take initiative, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and on a team
My Sisters’ Place policy prohibits discrimination due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and national origin in employment and delivery of services.